Early Learning Consultant Group
Intentional teachers effectively foster the growth and development of young children, monitor progress, and prepare all children for educational success.
Building Capacity for Intentional Practice
Early Learning Consultant Group builds a strong foundation of best practices for work with young children by providing...
- dynamic and interactive professional development experiences for early learning teachers and staff.
- professional development within and across all levels and auspices of the early learning continuum.
- customized professional development to support participation in Oregon's Preschool Promise Initiative.
- promotion of instructional support techniques leading to intentional, contextualized and developmentally appropriate practices with young children.
- Practice Based Coaching (PBC) and mentoring for both new and experienced team members to address identified goals based on assessment data and emerging initiatives.
- curriculum development and technical writing services that align with existing professional development system expectations.
- a wide range of turnkey professional development sessions on a variety of topics including infant & toddler care, language & literacy development, supporting dual language learners, professional ethics, and professional engagement.
It was very interactive and it made us also think of solutions ourselves and then we were also given new ideas and knowledge of better ways to handle things.
Watch Me Grow,
Help Me Learn
Set Two Training
Loved the interactive pieces, overview, and organizing of the materials - very user friendly.
-- Early Words
Preschool Promise Focused Professional Development. Woodburn School District (2016 - 2017). Onsite professional development, coaching and mentoring of teaching staff to meet Preschool Promise expectations.
Professional Development to Support Celebrating Differences With Children. Childswork Learning Center (2017). Onsite professional development to increase teachers' comfort level and interpersonal strategies in recognizing and celebrating differences with young children.
Kindergarten Innovation Grant Professional Development. Gervais School District (2016). Onsite observation, professional development and strategic recommendations to meet identified professional development goals.
Professional Learning Community (PLC). Portland Public Schools (2015 - 2016). Comprehensive planning and implementation of a Professional Learning Community to support effective language and literacy practices in PPS Head Start classrooms. ELCG facilitated monthly PLC sessions with Head Start Teachers and Assistants that included professional development, reflection, examination of assessment data, sharing of best practices, and literacy-focused planning emphasizing intentional and inclusive practices.
PreK - 3 Early Literacy Institute. Portland Public Schools. (2015). Provided keynote address and breakout group sessions for Institute attendees. Keynote focused on supporting dual language development. Breakout session topics included supporting dual language development, partnering with families in dual language environments, infusing the movement arts into literacy instruction, and facilitating the development of early literacy skills through authentic experiences.
School Readiness Professional Development (2014-2015). Child Care Partners and Oregon Child Development Coalition of Hood River/Wasco Counties: Developed and delivered a series of six Set Two trainings on the topic of promoting school readiness for children who are dual language learners for over 70 early learning providers. http://www.cgcc.edu/childcare/early-literacy-dual-language-learners-training
Curriculum Development (2013-2014). Comprehensive revision of Early Words: A Literacy Training Initiative for ECE practitioners. Aligning existing, award-winning curriculum to latest research on early literacy including support for dual language learners, Oregon child outcomes, and Common Core Curriculum for Kindergarten.
Training and Technical Assistance (2006 - Present). Olympic Education Service District. Providing ongoing training and technical assistance to OESD Head Start and Early Head Start programs. Focus has included Head Start monitoring and mock reviews, classroom observations followed by coaching sessions, infant and toddler responsive caregiving, promoting school readiness for dual language learners, and program development and systems monitoring.