Early Learning Consultant Group
Sustainable systems in early learning programs effectively address the needs of children and families, promote the professional competence of the workforce, and meet funding and service expectations.
Promoting Sustainable Systems
Early Learning Consultant Group supports system development and functioning through ...
- vertical alignment, linking the practices and outcomes in the early years to the curricula and standards of the early grades.
- strategic plan development, identifying capacity, strengths and gaps in existing systems.
- onsite and intensive support for QRIS portfolio development and creation.
- administrator and governing board awareness-building and professional development for Prek-3 systems.
- facilitation of collaborative and creative working relationships and learning communities along the Prek-3 continuum.
- outreach to and engagement of a broad spectrum of early learning partners.
- workforce professional development assessment and planning.
- compilation of system structure, successes and challenges to inform public policy advocacy and support grant-writing efforts.
Loved the dialogue between the various disciplines, sharing ideas and inspirations, and working together to bring together our worlds. Thank you.
~Early Learning Hub Administrator
Emergent Leaders Connecting With Early Learning Hubs (2016 - 2017). A grassroots leadership project to support the early learning workforce, developed and implemented in collaboration with OregonAEYC. Funding provided through a generous grant from Oregon Community Foundation.
QRIS Portfolio Development. Woodburn School District (2016). Comprehensive program inventory of strengths and challenges. Support for portfolio development and documentation. Identification of professional development needs to meet staff qualification requirements and PD plan development.
QRIS Portfolio Development. Adelante Mujeres, Hillsboro (2016). Comprehensive program inventory of strengths and challenges. Support for portfolio development and documentation.
Early Head Start (EHS) Child Care Partnerships. Bremerton, WA. Olympic ESD (2016). Collaboration with administration and staff to develop and review program policies and practices to meet EHS/CCP requirements and standards.
Expansion Support. Oregon Child Development Coalition (2015). Support design and implementation of webinar series to provide professional development and a professional learning community experience for management staff at Early Head Start, Child Care Partners during expansion period.
Work Plan Development. Portland Public Schools Head Start and PreK (2015). Facilitation of teacher and administrator focus groups resulting in a work plan proposal to guide PreK - 3 evolution and alignment in the future.
Vertical System Alignment and Technical Assistance. Woodburn School District, Marion County HUB (2014 - Present). Providing ongoing training and technical assistance to their Migrant Education and Kindergarten Readiness team on curriculum and assessment implementation while aligning Common Core State Standards with preschool objectives and curriculum.
Training of Trainers (2014 - 15). Early Words: A Literacy Curriculum in collaboration with the Oregon Center for Career Development in Childhood Care and Education.
Articulation Facilitation for Oregon Community College ECE Programs (2014). Alignment toward statewide 30-credit certificate. Website development in support of alignment work.